戰場墨菲法則【二】轉!
70. Whenever you have plenty of ammo, you never miss. Whenever you are low on ammo, you can't hit the broad side of a barn.
你有足夠彈藥的時候,你百發百中。你缺彈藥的時候,連穀倉那麼大的東西都打不中。
71. The more a weapon costs, the farther you will have to send it away to be repaired.
武器越貴(或是越有用處?),修理的時候就要送的越遠。
72. The complexity of a weapon is inversely proportional to the IQ of the weapon's operator.
武器的複雜程度和操作者的智商成反比。
73. Field experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
「戰場經驗」這東西,只有在某次很需要它的行動之後你才能獲得。
74. No matter which way you have to march, its always uphill.
不管你從哪條路線行軍,都是上坡路。
75. If enough data is collected, a board of inquiry can prove anything.
如果收集到了足夠的資料,調查委員會什麼事都可以證明。(委員會胡說八道)
76. For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.(in boot camp)
在新兵訓練營,對每一個行動都有贊成與反對兩種評判。
77. Air strikes always overshoot the target, artillery always falls short.
空襲總是打得過遠,炮火總是打得太近。
78. When reviewing the radio frequencies that you just wrote down, the most important ones are always illegible.
當你查看你寫下的無線電頻率的時候,最重要的總是無法辨認。
79. Those who hesitate under fire usually do not end up KIA or WIA.
彈雨之中逞英雄的人往往死得最快。
80. The tough part about being an officer is that the troops don't know what they want, but they know for certain what they don't want.
作為軍官最辛苦的一點是:士兵不知道他們想要什麼,只知道他們不想要什麼。
81. To steal information from a person is called plagiarism. To steal information from the enemy is called gathering intelligence.
從一個人那裡偷取信息叫剽竊,從敵人那裡偷取信息叫搜集情報。
82. The weapon that usually jams when you need it the most is the M60.
在你最需要它的時候總是卡殼的武器是M60機槍。
83. The perfect officer for the job will transfer in the day after that billet is filled by someone else.
最適合某個工作的軍官總是在這個職位已經被別人佔據后一天調來。
85. The newest and least experienced soldier will usually win the Medal of Honor.
最新最沒經驗的士兵最可能獲得榮譽獎章。(意思是「掛掉的人就會獲得美國最高級勳章」)
86. A Purple Heart just proves that were you smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive.
紫心勳章(美國授予受傷士兵的勳章)證明你聰明到可以想出一個計劃,愚蠢到嘗試這個計劃,並且幸運到活了下來。
87. Murphy was a grunt.
墨菲是個大頭兵。(就是因為墨菲老是做錯事,所以才叫墨菲法則嘛:-P)
88. Beer Math ——amp;amp;amp;amp;gt; 2 beers times 37 men equals 49 cases.
啤酒數計演算法:三十七人,每人兩瓶,共要四十九箱。
89. Body count Math ——amp;amp;amp;amp;gt; 3 guerrillas plus 1 probable plus 2 pigs equals 37 enemies killed in action.
殲敵數計演算法:三名游擊隊員加一個可能再加兩隻豬,本次戰鬥共斃敵三十七人。
90. The bursting radius of a hand grenade is always one foot greater than your jumping range.
手榴彈的殺傷半徑總是比你能撲出的距離多一英尺。
91. All-weather close air support doesn't work in bad weather.
全天候近距空中支援在壞天氣里不管用。
92. The combat worth of a unit is inversely proportional to the smartness of its outfit and appearance.
一支部隊的作戰能力與它外表的好看程度成反比。
93. The crucial round is a dud.
至關重要的炮彈總是啞彈。
95. There is no such place as a convenient foxhole.
需要散兵坑時,它們總是太遠。(註:convenient在這裡是指地理上的便利,就好像所謂的便利店一樣,所以不能解作「舒適」)
97. If your positions are firmly set and you are prepared to take the enemy assault on, he will bypass you.
如果你的陣地有很好的工事而且你也準備好應付敵人的攻擊,敵人會繞過你。
98. If your ambush is properly set, the enemy won't walk into it.
如果你準備好了一次伏擊,敵人不會進入你的伏擊圈。
99. If your flank march is going well, the enemy expects you to outflank him.
如果你的側翼迂迴進行的很順利,是因為敵人正期待著你從側翼接近他們。
100. Density of fire increases proportionally to the curiousness of the target.
你越是感到好奇的目標就越危險。
101. Odd objects attract fire - never lurk behind one.
奇怪的物體吸引炮火-不要躲在這種東西後面。
103. The self-importance of a superior is inversely proportional to his position in the hierarchy (as is his deviousness and mischievousness).
長官的自大程度與他的官職成反比(還有他的不值得信任程度和有害程度)。
104. There is always a way, and it usually doesn't work.
任何事情都有一個解決方法,儘管通常是不管用的。
105. Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when the General is watching.
沒人關注的行動通常是成功的;被高級長官關注的行動通常是失敗的。
106. The enemy never monitors your radio frequency until you broadcast on an unsecured channel.
在你使用不安全的頻道發布之前,敵人都不會監聽你的無線電頻率。
107. Whenever you drop your equipment in a fire-fight, your ammo and grenades always fall the farthest away, and your canteen always lands at your feet.
如果你戰鬥中掉了裝備,你的子彈和手榴彈一定離你最遠,而水壺總是掉在你的腳邊。
108. As soon as you are served hot chow in the field, it rains.
戰場上,你只要搞到熱東西吃,就總是要下雨的。
109. Never tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do.
不要告訴副排長你無事可做。
111. Walking point = sniper bait.
去帶路=去當狙擊手的誘餌。
112. Your bivouac for the night is the spot where you got tired of marching that day.
你夜間的宿營地是你白天行軍累了的地方。
113. If only one solution can be found for a field problem, then it is usually a stupid solution.
如果一個戰場上的問題只有一種解決方案,這一定是個愚蠢的方案。
115. What gets you promoted from one rank gets you killed in the next rank.
在低軍銜能讓你陞官的行為會在新軍銜殺死你。
116. If orders can be misunderstood they will be.
如果命令可能被誤解,那它一定會被誤解。
117. Odd objects attract fire. You are odd.
奇怪的東西吸引炮火。你就是奇怪的。
118. Your mortar barrage will put exactly one round on the intended target. That round will be a dud.
迫擊炮彈幕只有一發能命中目標,這一發是啞彈。
119. Mine fields are not neutral.
雷場不是中立的。
120. The weight of your equipment is proportional to the time you have been carrying it.
裝備的重量與你需要扛著它的時間成正比。
122. If you need an officer in a hurry take a nap.
軍官總是在你犯錯誤時出現。
123. The effective killing radius is greater than the average soldier can throw it.
投擲武器的殺傷半徑總比一般士兵能扔的距離大。
128. When you have sufficient ammo the enemy takes 2 weeks to attack. When you are low on ammo the enemy attacks that night.
你彈藥充足的時候,敵人兩個禮拜也不進攻;你缺彈藥的時候,敵人馬上就進攻。
129. The quartermaster has only two sizes, too large and too small.
軍需官那裡的東西只有兩個尺碼:太大的和太小的。
130. The only time suppressive fire works is when it is used on abandoned positions.
壓制火力唯一管用的時候是用來對付廢棄的陣地的時候。
131. When a front line soldier overhears two General Staff officers conferring, he has fallen back too far.
如果一個前線士兵無意中聽到兩個參謀在討論,那他一定是呆得太后了。(參謀人員都是膽小鬼)
132. Don't ever be the first, don't ever be the last, and don't ever volunteer to do anything.
不要做第一個,也不要做倒數第一個,更不要志願幹什麼事。
133. If at first you don't succeed, then bomb disposal probably isn't for you.
如果你第一次嘗試不成功的話,你也許不適合去拆炸彈。
134. Any ship can be a minesweeper……once.
所有船隻都可以當掃雷艇……一次性的。
135. Whenever you lose contact with the enemy, look behind you.
如果你失去了敵人的蹤跡,轉頭看看。
136. If you find yourself in front of your platoon they know something you don't.
在戰場上,如果你的位置過於靠前,那麼你一定要注意是否忽視了某些潛在的危險。(言下之意:二愣子才沖在最前面)
137. The seriousness of a wound (in a firefight) is inversely proportional to the distance to any form of cover.
交火后,受傷的嚴重程度與到掩體的距離成反比。
138. The more stupid the leader is, the more important missions he is ordered to carry out.
指揮官越蠢,他被命令執行的任務越重要。
139. When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not your friend.
拔下保險銷后,手榴彈先生就不再是你的朋友了。
140. All or any of the above combined.
以上法則的任意組合。